Worldbuilding For Writers, Gamers and Other CreatorsThis concise first volume of Worldbuilding For Writers, Gamers and Other Creators provides straightforward guidance on how to model the astronomical elements of an Earth-like planet for your storyworld setting.
Author and storyworld creator Matthew Wayne Selznick (Brave Men Run -- A Novel of the Sovereign Era) explains the science and helps you through the (basic) math required to:
Select an appropriate star
Figure out the best distance for your planet to orbit that star
Work out the details of gravity, day length, and atmosphere for the planet
Determine when your planet's moon is full
...and much more... all with just a calculator. No advanced degree required!
Worldbuilding For Writers, Gamers and Other Creators is available at DriveThruFiction.com.
- The Iron King at DriveThruComics (RPG News)
- Heirs to Hell for Demon: the Descent (RPG News)
- Mind Games - Rotted Capes (RPG News)
- Exalted: Tale of the Visiting Flare (Comics News)
- Monte Cook's Small Matters (RPG News)
- Unframed: The Art of Improvisation for Game Masters (RPG News)
- Of Predators and Prey: The Hunters Hunted II Anthology (RPG News)
- The One Ring - Rivendell (RPG News)
- X-Mas in July Sale at RPGNow! (RPG News)
- Embrace the Squee (Comics News)