Worldbuilding For Writers, Gamers and Other CreatorsThis concise first volume of Worldbuilding For Writers, Gamers and Other Creators provides straightforward guidance on how to model the astronomical elements of an Earth-like planet for your storyworld setting.
Author and storyworld creator Matthew Wayne Selznick (Brave Men Run -- A Novel of the Sovereign Era) explains the science and helps you through the (basic) math required to:
Select an appropriate star
Figure out the best distance for your planet to orbit that star
Work out the details of gravity, day length, and atmosphere for the planet
Determine when your planet's moon is full
...and much more... all with just a calculator. No advanced degree required!
Worldbuilding For Writers, Gamers and Other Creators is available at DriveThruFiction.com.
- Legend of the Five Rings: Secrets of the Empire (RPG News)
- Achtung! Cthulhu: Investigator's Guide (RPG News)
- Judges' Handbook II (RPG News)
- The Esoterrorists 2nd Edition (RPG News)
- Girl Genius Volume Twelve (Comics News)
- D&D 4E March of the Phantom Brigade (RPG News)
- The Paradox Room by Monte Cook, & Bruce Cordell (RPG News)
- Doctor Who Special Bundle Offer! (RPG News)
- Demon: the Descent Prestige Edition Kickstarter (RPG News)
- Slaine: The Treasures Of Britain (Comics News)