Worldbuilding For Writers, Gamers and Other CreatorsThis concise first volume of Worldbuilding For Writers, Gamers and Other Creators provides straightforward guidance on how to model the astronomical elements of an Earth-like planet for your storyworld setting.
Author and storyworld creator Matthew Wayne Selznick (Brave Men Run -- A Novel of the Sovereign Era) explains the science and helps you through the (basic) math required to:
Select an appropriate star
Figure out the best distance for your planet to orbit that star
Work out the details of gravity, day length, and atmosphere for the planet
Determine when your planet's moon is full
...and much more... all with just a calculator. No advanced degree required!
Worldbuilding For Writers, Gamers and Other Creators is available at DriveThruFiction.com.
- Ravenloft: The Shadow Rift (2e) available in PDF! (RPG News)
- Called To Battle: Volume One (RPG News)
- Blood & Badges from Chaosium (RPG News)
- Armor Hunters #1 (Comics News)
- Legend of the Five Rings: Sword and Fan (RPG News)
- Wendigo Tales: Necessary Evil: Fallen (RPG News)
- Primeval Thule Campaign Setting (RPG News)
- Shadowrun: Spells & Chrome (RPG News)
- Ravenloft Campaign Setting, Revised, Boxed Set (2e) (RPG News)
- 10 Dragon Magic Items (PFRPG) From Rite Publishing (RPG News)