2300AD for Mongoose Traveller2300AD games range from interstellar exploration and interstellar war, down to the gritty streets and the mega-cities of the human Core. This is a game about people, and their rise to the stars. Aliens are a part of the 2300AD milieu, but the focus of the game is on Humans.
2300AD strives to obey the laws of the universe as we know them. The stutterwarp drive, the technology that allows humanity to travel faster than light, is the sole departure from this. Some of the other technologies bend the laws a little, but that’s from the standpoint of the early 21st century. Three hundred years in the future is a long time. There are no blasters or laser swords in 2300AD, no magic anti-gravity or artificial gravity – just guns and helicopters, spin habitats and spaceplanes. At the same time, though, 2300AD is a game, not a hard-and-fast technical simulation.
The Traveller Core Rulebook is required to play 2300AD.
2300AD is available at RPGNow.com.
- Monte Cook's Small Matters (RPG News)
- Unframed: The Art of Improvisation for Game Masters (RPG News)
- Of Predators and Prey: The Hunters Hunted II Anthology (RPG News)
- The One Ring - Rivendell (RPG News)
- X-Mas in July Sale at RPGNow! (RPG News)
- Embrace the Squee (Comics News)
- Streets of Bedlam SoB Stories #1 (RPG News)
- ETU: Degrees of Horror (Savage Worlds) (RPG News)
- The Necronomicon (RPG News)
- Cortex Plus Hacker's Guide Now in Print! (RPG News)