12 for ’12 Part 2: The Shotguns & Sorcery TrilogyMatt Forbeck has a new Kickstarter Project:
Shotguns & Sorcery is a fantasy noir setting — think Lord of the Rings written by Raymond Chandler — I first developed as a roleplaying game setting back in 2001. It takes place in a massive city ruled over by a Dragon Emperor who protects the people from the ravenous hordes of undead monsters that mass against its walls. I’d originally licensed it to Mongoose Publishing and hoped to have it in stores in 2002.
And then my wife got pregnant with quadruplets.
That kicked Shotguns & Sorcery past the back burner, out the window, and into the backyard. Cut to ten years later. The kids are fine and healthy, and I’m ready now to dive back into that setting again — but this time as fiction.
I wrote the first Shotguns & Sorcery story last year for Robin D. Laws’s upcoming anthology The New Hero 2, from Stone Skin Press. I fell back in love with the world right away, and I returned to it for another story for Marc Tassin’s anthology Carnage & Consequences. Now I’m itching to write novels for it.
Find out more at Kickstarter.com.
- Legend of the Five Rings: Secrets of the Empire (RPG News)
- Achtung! Cthulhu: Investigator's Guide (RPG News)
- Judges' Handbook II (RPG News)
- The Esoterrorists 2nd Edition (RPG News)
- Girl Genius Volume Twelve (Comics News)
- D&D 4E March of the Phantom Brigade (RPG News)
- The Paradox Room by Monte Cook, & Bruce Cordell (RPG News)
- Doctor Who Special Bundle Offer! (RPG News)
- Demon: the Descent Prestige Edition Kickstarter (RPG News)
- Slaine: The Treasures Of Britain (Comics News)