12 for ’12 Part 2: The Shotguns & Sorcery TrilogyMatt Forbeck has a new Kickstarter Project:
Shotguns & Sorcery is a fantasy noir setting — think Lord of the Rings written by Raymond Chandler — I first developed as a roleplaying game setting back in 2001. It takes place in a massive city ruled over by a Dragon Emperor who protects the people from the ravenous hordes of undead monsters that mass against its walls. I’d originally licensed it to Mongoose Publishing and hoped to have it in stores in 2002.
And then my wife got pregnant with quadruplets.
That kicked Shotguns & Sorcery past the back burner, out the window, and into the backyard. Cut to ten years later. The kids are fine and healthy, and I’m ready now to dive back into that setting again — but this time as fiction.
I wrote the first Shotguns & Sorcery story last year for Robin D. Laws’s upcoming anthology The New Hero 2, from Stone Skin Press. I fell back in love with the world right away, and I returned to it for another story for Marc Tassin’s anthology Carnage & Consequences. Now I’m itching to write novels for it.
Find out more at Kickstarter.com.
- Blood & Badges from Chaosium (RPG News)
- Armor Hunters #1 (Comics News)
- Legend of the Five Rings: Sword and Fan (RPG News)
- Wendigo Tales: Necessary Evil: Fallen (RPG News)
- Primeval Thule Campaign Setting (RPG News)
- Shadowrun: Spells & Chrome (RPG News)
- Ravenloft Campaign Setting, Revised, Boxed Set (2e) (RPG News)
- 10 Dragon Magic Items (PFRPG) From Rite Publishing (RPG News)
- Tales from The Strange (RPG News)
- 13th Age Bestiary from Pelgrane Press (RPG News)